Robotics Combat Event
CROK: Creek County Melee
Only a few days to go before Combat Robotics Oklahoma (CROK)’s: Creek County Melee. Do you know where your bots are at?
We may still have openings in the Fairyweight and Beetleweight classes, with time to build something and throw it in the arena.
Also, I am still looking for some volunteers to help setup and/or judge matches. Judges get the best seat in the house!
Combat Robotics Oklahoma (CROK) Event Details:
Tables and chairs are provided by the venue. Bathrooms are onsite. You are welcome to bring food and beverages for lunch, just no eating in the pits and no alcoholic beverages. There are a few fast-food restaurants 10 minutes away, so keep that in mind if you leave to get something to eat between matches.
March 18, 2021 – May 15, 2021
Due to popular demand, I have moved around some of the registration spots for the weight classes at the upcoming Combat Robotics Oklahoma (CROK) event.
- I have reduced the number of Fairyweight spots to 8, currently 3 are taken. I have also changed the entry fee for fairys to just $10.
- I have increased the number of Antweight spots to 24, 18 are currently taken. This seems to be our most popular class and I hate turning away new builders if I can help it, hence the reshuffling.
- No changes for the Beetleweights, 7 of 16 spots are currently taken.
If you are planning to build a bot and compete, please go ahead and sign up to reserve your spot. Once these spots are full, any additional registrations will be waitlisted. Registered robots have priority over waitlisted robots on event day. There is no guarantee that a waitlisted robot will be able to fight in the tournament on the day of the event.
Masks are not required but are recommended. This is subject to change based on state and county requirements. The venue is big, so we have plenty of room to spread out.
- Fairy (150 gram) – $10 entry fee
- Ant (1 pound) – $20 entry fee
- Beetle (3 pound) – $20 entry fee
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each weight class will receive a trophy. Winners pogs will also be given out for each match victory.
Event setup will start around 8:30 AM. Safety will begin at 10:00 AM and I plan on starting the matches around Noon.
- 8:30 – 10:00am – Event setup
- 10:00am – 12:00 – Safety
- 12:00 – Fights begin
- 6:30pm – End of Event
- Robots must meet the SPARC Robot Construction Specifications
- No fire weapons or ICE (Internal Combustion Engines)
- A LiPo charging bag must be used when charging your batteries.
The arena is 8 ft x 8 ft x 2 ft tall with a wooden floor. There is a seam in the middle of the floor, but we do our best to minimize it.
No pits or pushouts.
Spectators are encouraged, and the event is free to watch.
Return to ItGresa Robotics Store: