Robotics Combat Event
Hickory Bot Battles 09.23.22
Hickory Bot Battles – General:
ItGresa Robotics is proud to sponsor this event, featuring over 100 combat robot builders from across the country, robots weighing in at up to three pounds fight to the death in the 8’ x 8’ bullet-proof arena.
This will be a Bug event, for full combat up to 3 pounds fighting in an 8 x 8 arena. Included will be our 2nd annual Corporate Cup Friday afternoon featuring teams from US Conec, Avidia, Google, and Corning.
This event will be held at the Catawba Science Center in Hickory NC. See below for address and map
- Hickory Bot Battles Registration Opens: 7/1/2022
- Registration Closes: 8/31/2022
- Release form and payment due September 10th 2022 Release Form located at http://www.carolinacombat.com/AgreementHBB21.pdf
Fees include 2 pit passes per robot. $20 for each additional pit pass as approved by event organizer.
|Robot Class||Entry Fee||Slots|
|Plastic Antweight 1lb||$20.00||16|
- 11:00pm – 12:30pm – Plastic Ant and Fairy Check-in and safety inspections.
- 1:00pm – Fights begin.
- approx 6:00pm – Fights end.
- approx 6:00pm Awards will follow finals on Friday.
- 7:00am – 8:30am – Ant and Beetle Check-in and safety inspections.
- 8:30am – 9:00am – Builders’ meeting.
- 9:00pm – Fights begin.
- approx 7:00pm – Fights end.
- 900 MHz, 2.4GHz, or spectrum radios are required. Any other frequency must have prior approval.
- Release form and payment due September 10th 2022 Release Form located at; http://www.carolinacombat.com/AgreementHBB2021.pdf
- 2 minute fights with modified double elimination (single final fight) brackets
- SPARC rules apply.
- No flame weapons.
- No gas-powered robots.
- Only one robot per driver per weight class please.
Plastic Ant Combat Competition Rules:
- 1lb Plastic Ants: PET, PETG, ABS, or PLA, PLA+, HIPS are the only materials that can be used for the chassis, and weapons.
- Foam wheels will be allowed
- In general, if it can be touched, it has to be plastic.
- ACCEPTABLE: epoxy or screw 3D printed components together
- ACCEPTABLE: if the heads of the screws are visible, as long as they’re only used for minimal support – like attaching the top onto the sides of the robot, or gluing two 3D printed parts together at the seam if they’d be bigger than the 3D printer base.
- Motors, electronics, axles, fasteners and adhesives can be any material, but cannot be used in such a way to enhance the structural integrity, armor the robot, or enhance any weapon.
- No other types of plastics or materials allowed (No, Carbon-fiber, kevlar, and fiberglass are not polymers, nor are plastics supplemented with them like NylonX or Onyx)
- This event is to encourage the use of 3Dprinters and design software, as well as helping you to learn the basics of building your own open class Combat Robot.
- Robot may be disqualified at the Event Organizer’s discretion if it is deemed to violate the spirit of the class.
- Contact the event organizer ahead of time if you are not sure your robot meets the above definitions.
All bots will be required to pass a safety check verifying the following:
- SPARC rules and safety apply.
- If you are using LiPo’s, you must have LiPo bags. All Lipo batteries must be in a LiPo bag while charging.
- A weapon lock is required for all weapons.
- A switch and power light is required
- A jumper is acceptable in place of a switch as long as it can be easily and quickly connected and disconnected.
Arena and Hazards:
8’ x 8’ bullet-proof arena.
Bring your own power strips.
Standard double elimination.
The event is open to all spectators, subject only to the Catawba Science Center restrictions at the time.
ItGresa Robotics is a proud partner and sponsor of Robotcombatevents.com
Interested in combat robotics? Want to compete? Not sure how to get started? Try an Antweight kit!
Return to ItGresa Robotics Store: