Robotics Combat Event
OSCR Winter Wars 01.08.22
Oregon State Combat Robotics club is a student-led organization at Oregon State University, and Winter Wars ’22 is our first event of the 2021-2022 season.
Oregon State Robotics is a club dedicated to furthering the abilities and skills of all majors, not just those in engineering; through participation in BattleBots. We design, manufacture, and build our very own robots as well as handle logistics.
Our members design and build 1lb robots, to learn important skills that will later help bring Oregon State University to the forefront of every robotics sector worldwide.
The aim of OSCR is to bring hands-on robotics education and experience to OSU students of all disciplines. Members learn basic design and development principles of combat robotics, then use that knowledge to print and build their own 1-pound Plastic Antweight combat robots. The culmination of the Plastic Antweight program is a robot combat event where members can showcase their creations.
Oregon State Combat Robotics Winter Wars Event Details:
The competition will be on January 8th at the Kelley Engineering Center at Oregon State University. Parking and access to Kelley Engineering Center are available on SW Park Terrace Pl via NW Monroe Ave.
This event is SPARC Compliant, https://clubs.oregonstate.edu/combat-robotics/sparc
December 22, 2021 – January 07, 2022
This event must comply with OSU’s COVID policies which are subject to change: UPDATE: Proof of vaccination or negative test no longer apply as long as masks are worn during the entire event duration!
|Robot Class||Entry Fee||Slots|
|Plastic Antweight 1lb||$0.00||20|
- 9:00-9:30am – Registration
- 10am – Fights begin
- 5pm- End of Event. Due to the nature of combat robotics, this is pretty flexible.
In general, all the normal Rules on our site apply to plastic class bots except the construction materials must be plastic as described below:
- PET, PETG, ABS, or PLA, PLA+ are the only materials that can be used for the chassis and weapons. No other types of plastics or materials allowed (ie. metal, carbon fiber, UHMW, etc)
- Motors, electronics, axles, fasteners, and adhesives can be any material, but cannot be used in such a way to enhance the structural integrity, armor the robot, or enhance any weapon.
- Not all weight classes will run a separate plastic class. The event organizer will specify if there will be a separate plastic class and if so for which weight class(es), ie “1lb plastic class”
Arena and Hazards:
OSCR’s combat arena is 5ft x 5ft x 4ft with a metal floor and kickplates. It also has a corner pit that opens when one-minute is remains of the three-minute bouts, there are no other OOTA areas. The arena is capable of safely containing 1-pound, all-metal combat robots.
Oregon State Winter Wars Pits:
As of now plan to bring your own table or workspace
Winter Wars ’22 is open to the public
Want to compete but don’t know how to get started? Check out this very basic article on getting going. The Naked Viper kit is designed to supply all of the electronics and mechanicals, other than the chassis, for antweight bots. You’ll also need a transmitter/receiver combo like this, and probably a battery charger like this.
Return to ItGresa Robotics Store: