Robotics Combat Event
Robot Resurrection Fight Night
Robot Resurrection – Fight Night! July 2021
Robot Resurrection: our bar events have rowdy spectators and it’s a wildly good time.
To keep fights running as continuously as possible without the pressure of time constraints, we are debuting a new “ante up” system. Upon registration (free), each bot is given 3 chips. Builders can challenge each other and bet at least 1 chip on the fight; the winner takes the pot at the end of the fight. You can bet as many chips as you want on your own match, (and only your own matches). Once you’re out of chips, your bot is out! Antweights and Beetleweights have different color chips. At the end of the night, the bot with the most chips per weight class takes first in their weight class, second-most chips takes second, etc. In the event of a tie, the crowd will determine placement with a vote determined by gladiatorial cheering.
All participating builders should join the VCR Discord or Facebook group to challenge each other to the first round of fights. After the first round of fights, bots that are ready to fight can challenge each other and make their bets. If you want to sit out a round for repairs, that’s fine! Every bot should get at least 2 fights, as long as they are fight-ready. If no other bots are ready when you are looking for a fight, event organizers may furnish an opponent for you.
June 12, 2021 – July 02, 2021
Total bot count of all weight classes combined is capped at 20 bots.
The limit of 1 bot per weight class per driver will be in effect.
- Antweight (1 pound)
- Beetle (3 pound)
Trophies will be awarded.
- 6:45pm – 7pm – Early arrival
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm Venue/Pits open
- 7:30pm – 8:00pm Builder meeting, first round challenges issued
- 8pm: Fights begin!
- 1am or last bots standing: Chips counted; trophies awarded.
VCR uses the SPARC Ruleset along with the following amendments for its competitions:
- No use of fire or flame weapons
- Magnets may be used for additional downforce on the steel floor but not for any other reason
- In the case of both robots being stuck together and unable to separate, there will be 1 separation per match
- For any questions on the rules, please email email@example.com or post a question on VegasCombat Robotics Facebook page.
Return to ItGresa Robotics Store: