Robotics Combat Event
Robotica 2022 at ComicPalooza 07.15.22
Robotica 2022 – General:
For the first time in 20 years, there will be a Robotica champion as bots from the biggest behemoths to the smallest scuttlers fight it out at an event with stakes unlike any other. Robotica is guaranteed to be the largest competition in Texas in nearly a decade and a half!
The convention center is located directly across from the Hilton Americas – Houston and Marriott Marquis – Houston, both of which have connecting walkways to the venue itself. Please use this link to get a hotel at the best possible price for the event. These hotels are the ones we have convention discounts for through Comicpalooza. AirBNB is also a good option, though would need to book them sooner rather than later as they are filling up fast.
Comicpalooza returns for a weekend of anime, comics, gaming, literature, cosplay and more!
Festivities will kick off in style Friday night with the inaugural Comicpalooza Launch Night featuring the CP Friday Night Bash: A Pop Culture Spectacle, Texas All-Star Wrestling, Ultimate Werewolf, retro gaming, and loads of fun!
Rolling right into the weekend, fans will have plenty to do with cultivated programming covering an array of fandoms and topics; unique local and national exhibitors sharing their diverse collection of handmade goods, art and collectibles.
Houston Area Combat Robotics and Innovation Spark have created a dynamic partnership with Comicpalooza to bring the best of the above AND the best robot fights to Houston! And ItGresa Robotics is THRILLED to be a sponsor!
Dates: February 27, 2022 – July 15, 2022
|Robotica 2022 Robot Classes:||Entry Fee||Slots|
|12lb Full Combat||$0.00||32|
|30lb Full Combat||$0.00||32|
Thanks to an influx of sponsorship money, entry fees for all weight classes have been waived.
Each team member will need a weekend pass from Comicpalooza in order to be able to compete. A discount code has been made available to all Robotica teams. Please use the code ROBOTICA when buying passes here. As a suggestion, we encourage all teams purchase their badges as soon as possible in order to minimize team costs. IF YOU REGISTER A HEAVYWEIGHT ROBOT, PLEASE NOTE THAT UP TO 4 MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM WILL RECEIVE COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND PASSES COURTESY OF ROBOTICA.
- Sat 10:00am – Event Starts
- Sat 8:00pm – Event Day Ends
- Sun 10:00am – Event Day Starts
- Sun 5:00pm – Event Ends
Check in procedure:
Weigh-in and safety checks will take place FRIDAY, JULY 15, from 2PM to 8PM. Pit access opens up FRIDAY, JULY 15, at 2PM. If you need to arrive on Saturday, please email us and let us know.
- Standard SPARC judging rules apply.
- 150g-30lb robots must comply with the SPARC Robot Construction Specifications, latest revision.
- 250lb robots will need to comply with the Robot Ruckus version of the SPARC rules for 250lb heavyweight sportsman* robots.
- Clarification: “sportsman” in the context of the 250lb class means robots may not have kinetically destructive spinning weapons (spinning bars, spinning discs, etc). Weapons such as sawblades or tires replacing spinner mechanisms are perfectly acceptable, and spinning weapons may be acceptable if they are spun at a low enough speed to be approved by the event organizer.
- If you are competing with a heavyweight sportsman robot, we recommend that you make sure your robot is in compliance with the latest edition of the BattleBots rules, but want to make clear it is not mandatory to compete.
- There is no active weapon requirement for this event in any weight class.
All bots will be required to follow safety rules and pass a safety check.
- All robots will be run through safety and weigh-in before being approved to compete.
- Flame weapons are not allowed at this event.
Fights in all weight classes will be 3 minutes.
All weight classes will compete in a double-elimination tournament to decide the respective champions in their weight classes. In the event there are 6 or less robots in a class, the robots will fight round-robin. Each robot will be guaranteed 2 fights at the minimum presuming they stay functional. If time permits on Sunday, grudge matches, rumbles, and/or other special exhibitions may occur. If fights do not end in a knockout, a team of one or more judges will judge accordingly.
The tournaments will have cash prizes for the winners. ItGresa Robotics is pleased to sponsor prizes for the insect class tournaments!
- We should have a table set up for you, along with chairs.
- There will be a dedicated charging area for batteries.
- If you want to bring more chairs, we recommend it.
- Teams will be responsible for getting their own food and drink at the event.
Arenas and Hazards:
- Heavyweight Sportsman/Featherweight/Hobbyweights: 16ft x 32ft, no pits.
- Beetleweights: 8ft x 8ft, no pits
- Antweights: 6ft x 6ft, no pits.
- Fairyweights: 4ft x 4ft, has corner pits.
ItGresa is proud to sponsor and partner with robotcombatevents.com. Robotcombatevents.com – where you can find the very best details on all robot combat events!
Want to compete but don’t know how to get started? Check out this very basic article on getting going.
The Naked Viper kit is designed to supply all of the electronics and mechanicals, other than the chassis, for antweight bots.
Return to ItGresa Robotics Store: