BL-Heli XSD20A Brushless Speed Controller
- The BL-Heli XSD20A Brushless Speed Controller (ESC) is for controlling brushless weapon motors. A well-known, rugged workhorse, it has a somewhat larger form factor than a mini BLHeli ESC
NOTE: This speed controller is forward only, and can be used to control weapons but NOT brushless drive motors.
11 in stock (can be backordered)
The BL-Heli XSD 20A Speed controller is a replacement ESC for brushless weapons motors. A very detailed video on ESCs and how they work can be seen on Youtube here: https://youtu.be/OZNxbxL7cdc
Our BL-Heli XSD20A ESC can serve in a variety of areas, but it should generally be viewed as a replacement part or a standalone weapons controller for a combat robot.
- Operates on BLHeli-S software
- Supports DShot 600, DShot 300
- Voltage: 11.1V – 14.8V
- Current: 20A continuous
- Current: 25A Burst
- Size: 24 x 14 x 4.5mm (0.9 x 0.6 x 0.2in)
- Weight: 9.0grams (0.3oz)
- BLHeli-S firmware upgradable via signal wire (works with USB Linker for XM series)
- No on-board BEC. Must provide 5V to radio receiver via other ESCs or separate dedicated BEC.
Note that the BL-Heli XSD20A ESC would be used in this instance as the orange element in the wiring diagram: as a controller to a brushless weapons motor. All controllers are driven from the same battery, as you can see from the diagram. This model doesn’t have a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit), which allows all elements to be run from a single battery. Power to the receiver can be supplied by the motor ESCs or by a separate dedicated BEC circuit.