D2822/8 Brushless Motor Outrunner 2600KV
This D2822/8 Brushless Motor Outrunner with 0.125″ shaft is used in the Fingertech Viper Vertical and Horizontal Spinner Add-Ons. Its size and power make it ideal for antweight robot weapons, as well as other robotic and drone applications.
Brushed vs Brushless
In case you’re wondering why brushed vs brushless, here’s a great article that explains the difference and when to use each: https://www.arrow.com/en/research-and-events/articles/powering-a-battlebot
Here’s another: https://battlebots.fandom.com/wiki/Brushless_vs._Brushed_Motors
Brushless motors are almost universally used for weapons motors, for the reasons listed in the article. Brushless motors are used as drive motors for the very large combat bots as well.
Brushless Motor Confusion
But wait! These articles talk about how brushless motors are more efficient than brushed motors! Why do brushed motors dominate smaller bot classes as drive motors?
Some simple reasons:
- Brushed motors are generally much cheaper.
- They have more power and torque at low speeds.
- Controllers only require two wire connections and simpler, less expensive controllers.
- All of the above means a lower cost and weight penalty.
- Most importantly, adequate drives with the right gearing and price point are generally much less available in form factors suitable for drive motors in smaller bots.
Most builders use Silver Sparks for antweight drive motors. The D2822/8 Brushless motor is perfect for weapons motors. It is more powerful than the D2822/17 that comes in the Fingertech weapons kits (2600KV vs 1100KV).
20 in stock (can be backordered)
|Max Voltage:||7.2V-11.1V (2S-3S)|
|Weight:||41g (1.44oz) for 0.125″ shaft|
|Motor Diameter:||28mm (1.10in)|
|Motor Length:||21.35mm (0.84in). 25.66mm (1.01in) to end of hub extension.|
|Wire Length:||56mm (2.2in)|
|Plug Type:||3.5mm female bullet connectors|
|Shaft Diameter:||3.17mm (0.125in)/td>|
|Shaft Length:||10mm (0.39in)|
D2822/8 Brushless Motor Outrunner Mounting Holes:
- Two M3.0 spaced 16mm (0.63in), two M3.0 spaced 19mm (0.75in), 90degrees offset. Four M3.0 x 5mm Phillips screws included.
- The rotating portion of the motor has three M2 screw holes spaced evenly on a 12mm circle.
D2822/8 Brushless Motor Outrunner Wiring:
- Connect the three ESC wires any way you like. If the motor is spinning backwards, you can reverse the direction of any brushless motor by swapping any two wires.