JST to 9V Battery adapter – dual
3 in stock
A Dual JST-to-9V Battery Adapter for operating the Viper with a 9V battery. (9V battery not included.) One or two 9V batteries (two doubles run-time). We recommend Duracell Procell (PC1604) for over two hours of run time and bursts of 12A (using 2 batteries) – better than every other 9V we’ve tested. Procell’s can run a HXT12K servo at 1.5A continuous (while driving) for well over 15 minutes. (Robot matches are 3 minutes each.)
For maximum competitiveness, we recommend using the rechargeable 2S 7.4V 300mAh “Galaxy” lipoly pack, or the 3S 11.1v 300mAh “Galaxy” lipoly available with Lipoly Charger. This Adapter cable is so that you can power your bot with a 9V battery instead of a lipoly battery (saving you the cost of battery and charger until you are ready to upgrade!).
Specs on the Male JST two pin connector:
- 20 gauge AWG
- Male ST plug connector cable type. 2 pin JST connector
- Current: Rated 8A continuous (Combat robots routinely run >60A through these!)
- Connector Housing Dimensions: 20 x 6 x 3mm (0.78 x 0.24 x 0.12in). Standard JST (Japan Solderless Terminal Corporation) type RCY connector
- Plug connector color: red; Cable wire color: red and black
- Suitable for combat robotics and also for most mini RC models, and LED strip lights. Also used for connecting motors, Electronics Speed Controllers, and batteries.
- Used on our Viper Kits
Tip: Male connectors are used for battery or power source connections. Female connectors are conventionally used for robot-side (non-live side) of connection.