Malenki Nano Dual+ ESC HV (High Voltage)
NOW AVAILABLE AS BETA:
THE MALENKI NANO DUAL+ ESC HV (HIGH VOLTAGE) WITH INTEGRATED RECEIVER
The Malenki Nano is one of the coolest ESCs out there, with a ton of incredible capabilities.
- Imagine: an integrated receiver + ESC.
- Imagine: THREE, count ’em, THREE brushed motor outputs (hence the “Dual+” Two for your drive, plus an extra!)
- Imagine: TWO PWM outputs for brushless weapon motors or servos.
- Imagine that it’s easy to configure.
It’s awesome! But, you say, it’s low voltage! When are they going to make a Malenki Nano that I can use on larger bots?
My friends, wait no longer! In cooperation with the incredible folks at Turnabots, we are proud to stock and release a beta version of the HIGH VOLTAGE Malenki Nano. This board is rated to use 2S all the way up to 4S lipo batteries. Now you can have the convenience and integration of the Malenki with your higher weight bots.
We heard a builder say, “Hey, this could be a game changer!” Yes. Yes it can.
So for our friends in the builder community, we are truly proud to bring you these BETA versions of the Malenki Nano Dual+ ESC HV (High Voltage). This is the integrated, four-layer board with a number of improvements that make it easier to build and integrate into your bot. These are the boards you were looking for!
The MNI-HV is being released as a Beta due to significant demand. Much of it has been tested extensively on 2S and 3S. 4S testing so far has been minimal. The motor drivers are rated at 3.5A.
Malenki Overview and History
If you’re unfamiliar with the Malenki, Malenki-Nano is a radio receiver and speed controller integrated into a single tiny PCB. Hostorically, Malenkis were intended for builders of small robots, where space and weight are important. Malenki Nanos have been widely used throughout the UK for “UK Antweight rules” robots, which have a maximum weight of 150g. In the US, The original Malenki Nanos were perfect for the Fairyweight class, also 150g.
Up until late 2021, the only way to get Malenki Nanos was to order them from a UK site like Bristol Bot Builders, with the corresponding time and shipping penalty to the US.
We sensed that US builders would really want a local source for Malenki Nanos. Builders in the UK love them. We were very pleased to work with Mark Robson and Scott Siegel to develop a source for the ESCs in the US and to offer them to you. Part of our mission at ItGresa Robotics is to continue to offer you the very best in innovative products from the best vendors to expand access to the sport.
We’re even more pleased to now offer a high voltage version of the Malenki!
Additionally, in late 2021 a “servo-stretcher” feature was added to the Malenki-Nanos**. The vast majority of servos used in antweights have physical ranges well beyond the default settings, most of them offering near double the angle by increasing the range of signal sent to them. The stretcher feature is disabled by default to prevent unexpected servo action, and is easily enabled in configuration mode. What could you make happen with double the servo range?
To make it even more attractive, the Malenki also has an integrated receiver. Incredibly low weight and high functionality in such a small package! One Malenki board can replace two single motor controllers, a receiver, and a weapon or servo motor controller. What can this do for the simplicity of your bot design, especially when you are weight-constrained?
The Malenkis utilize the AFHDS2A radio protocol, which works with many FlySky and Turnigy transmitters. (Please be aware that AFHDS is NOT the same as AFHDS2A). These work with our CT6 Transmitters as well as the FS-i6 transmitter.
Malenki Nano Dual ESC key links:
6 in stock (can be backordered)
Malenki Nano Dual ESC HV (High Voltage):
- Size: 1.27″ x 0.76″ x .12″ (32.2mm x 19.25mm x 3.1mm)
- Weight: 0.08oz (2.3 grams)
- Radio protocol: AFHDS2A. (Note: NOT AFHDSA)
- Input power voltage: 7.4v – 14.8v (2S-4S). NOTE: The Malenki HV will NOT work with a 1S battery
- Brushed ESC channels: 3 (all reversible)
- PWM channels: 2 (each suitable for brushless ESCs or servos)
- Built-in AFHDS 2A (flysky) receiver to save weight and space
- 19th August 2021 firmware update: servo stretcher mode – see documentation!
- Driving invert mode – can switch forward/backward on transmitter switch when the robot is upside down
- Telemetry – battery voltage information sent to transmitter
- Automatic shutdown on low battery to prevent damage to lipos
- BEC: No BEC. Servos can be run off 2S or require an external BEC.
- Addition of “Power Distribution” plated through hole. Soldering power leads for servos or brushless ESCs is MUCH easier.
- Annular rings allow all parts to be soldered from the top side of the board, instead of requiring dual sided soldering
- Hole sizes have been increased to allow easy soldering of 20ga tinned stranded wire
- PWM pads are now on both sides of the board
- In both the Malenki Nano ESC HV and the Malenki Nano Integrated ESC, the micro-crystal radio has been integrated into a single 4 layer board, vs a two-layer “piggyback” configuration previously
- The Malenki-Nano is easily configurable by powering it on for 5 seconds before powering on the radio, then sending Hi-Low pulses on Ch 5. Configuration options include:
- Reversing either Left or Right side (different than reversing Ch 1 or Ch2)
- Disabling mixing
- Disabling braking
- *Many servos are happy to nearly double their range of motion. Please use caution when enabling the stretcher, many servos literally go twice as far in both directions, don’t let it break your linkages or mounts. Also, some servos are not happy getting signals across the new full range, you many need to reduce your endpoints to keep the servos happy.