MB30020 20A Brushless Weapon ESC
MB30020 20A ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) – Brushless ESC for Combat robot weapons. Great for the Fingertech Beater Bar!
The MB30020 uses SimonK firmware. SimonK firmware is a firmware specifically for ESCs (electronic speed controllers) developed by Simon Kirby. This firmware has been found to offer faster response compared to normal ESC firmware, easy handling and good compatibility, all of which greatly enhances performance.
NOTE: This speed controller is forward only, and can be used to control weapons but NOT brushless drive motors.
17 in stock (can be backordered)
Our MB30020 20A ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) can serve in a variety of areas, but it should generally be viewed as a replacement part or a standalone weapons controller.
- Operates on SimonK firmware
- Input Voltage: DC 6-12V (2-3S) (*officially rated to 4S, but we have not had good results running that high)
- Current: Continuous 20A, Burst 25A up to 10s
- BEC: 5V, 2A
- Size: 46 x 26 x 11mm (1.8 x 1.0 x 0.4in)
- Weight: 22.0grams (0.78oz)
- Motor wires: 3.5mm female bullet connectors, 70mm (2.75in) wire length.
- Internal heatsink lets this ESC run at higher power for longer.
- Wiring: Connect the three motor wires any way you like. If the motor is spinning backwards, swap any two wires.
- Power inout uses extreme low output resistance to greatly enhance the power stability of the MB30020 20A ESC
Note that the MB30020 20A Speed Controller would be used in this instance as the orange element in the wiring diagram: as a controller to a brushless weapons motor. All controllers are driven from the same battery, as you can see from the diagram. This model doesn’t have a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit), which allows all elements to be run from a single battery. Power to the receiver can be supplied by the motor ESCs or by a separate dedicated BEC circuit.