Scorpion Mini ESC
The Scorpion Mini is a small low-cost high-performance dual channel H-bridge BRUSHED speed controller for beetleweight combat robots and other electrical loads. It is can also be used for antweight combat robots, R2D2 replicas, sumo robots, and other small robots such as firefighting robots, maze solvers, and carpet rovers. The Scorpion Mini is also suitable to drive pneumatic valves, solenoids, relays, and thermoelectric coolers.
If you are new to this, key things to note:
- Use this with brushed motors like this one: https://itgresa.com/product/22mm-beetleweight-gearmotor/ NOT brushless motors like this one: https://itgresa.com/product/megaspark-brushless-drive-gearmotor/. You can’t even plug them in, the wiring is fundamentally incompatible. (Brushed has two wires, brushless has three)
- A normal weapon ESC won’t work with brushless, because they have to be set up to use reverse. Otherwise, your bot will only go forward. If you are going to go the brushless route, this is not the ESC you are looking for. Use this one: https://itgresa.com/product/bl-heli-brushless-speed-controller-reversing/. RIght now, that’s the only ESC we carry that has BRUSHLESS reverse capability for beetleweights. The Scorpion has full reverse for BRUSHED.
- The Scorpion has on-board mixing built in. If you are using a mixed signal, the on-board mixing will cancel that out and your bot will look like it is unmixed. Easy way to tell? if moving the stick to a diagonal corner (upper right or lower left) causes your bot to go straight forward and straight back, the odds are your signal is coming through unmixed.
Scorpion Mini on-board:
The Scorpion Mini card has a number of useful features:
Looking for an alternative to the Endbots DESC? The Scorpion Mini is for you! Competitively priced with a great feature set.
The Scorpion Mini is designed to pack the highest power handling capability, flexibility, control, and usability options into the smallest package.
19 in stock (can be backordered)
- Size: 2.00″ x 1.50″ x .5″
- Weight: 24.0 grams.
- Standard R/C pulse format.
- 6.0V to 28V battery voltage.
- 6.5A continuous (8A peak) current on each channel.
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions on both channels.
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting. The Scorpion Mini is nearly blow proof! Motors and batteries are protected from dead short conditions.
- Two channels may be either mixed (throttle/steering) or separately controlled. Ideal for skid steer vehicles/robots.
- Indicator LED for speed and direction of motor on each channel
- Status LED status information and mode indications.
- Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard – may be disabled. This can provide up to 100 mA of current at 5V to the RC receiver and other attached electronic circuits.
- Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost.
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- Mix Jumper can be cut to enable separate control of each channel.
- Lipo Jumper can be cut to enable low-voltage cutoff when using Lipo batteries. This avoids over-discharge which can damage batteries of this type.
- FLASH-based microcontroller with upgradeable software via in-circuit programming header.
- Ceramic oscillator (crystal) for stable operation at all temperatures.