Our Fingertech Snap Wheels are high-quality neoprene foam tires, shown here mated with our popular Snap Hubs, but many have moved to the more convenient twist hubs. We still stock both snap hubs and twist hubs for those of you who don’t like change! Snap wheels give you a lightweight, shock-absorbing, high-traction solution for transferring power to the ground.
- Unlike hobby airplane wheels, the diameter will always be accurate and the material won’t change between batches.
- 2.25 in Diameter. See variation description when ordering for width. Comes in 0.50″ and 0.75″.
- Use the snap wheels with either the Snap Hubs or the Twist Hubs
- 10mm bore for a snug stretch-fit on Snap Hubs or the Twist Hubs
- Includes: One pair of wheels. (Snap and Twist Hubs sold separately.)
- We’ve begun stocking more sizes of Fingertech Snap Wheels at the request of you builders. (you asked, we answered!)
Foam wheels are excellent at preventing shock from destroying delicate gearmotors. If they get hit, the wheel will usually only tear or lose a chunk, unlike hard wheels that will break and immobilize your robot.
Tip: As with any foam wheel, once you have mounted them on your hub it’s a good idea to spin the wheel while sanding it to make it perfectly true.
Make Certain you order the right size hubs for your chosen wheels! 0.50 Wheels use the 0.50 Hubs and 0.75 Wheels use 0.75 Hubs!
- Black Neoprene Foam
- 10mm bore
Available in the following sizes:
- 0.50″ x 2.25″
- 0.75″ x 2.00″ – We stocked these at the request of master roboticist Brian Bruijn, you can find him at https://www.teamd20.com/ and on twitter @brianbruijn and insta @teamd20bots
- 0.75″ x 2.25″ – This is the Viper Standard Size.
- 0.75″ x 2.75″