Our Twist Hubs are required to connect your tires to your motors for durability and traction. These twist hubs are used with our rings for a firm, positive fit. They are sold as pairs.
With Twist Hubs, you can easily and securely mount these foam tires to your robot. Often used with our Silver Spark Motors, they provide an easy way to connect motor to wheel.
Our Combat Robotics Twist Hubs are made of anodized 6061 aluminum for high strength and low weight.
Combine with our Foam Wheels, or if you already have Lite Flites (or their thinner .050 counterpart Lectra Lites) they can be used with Twist Hubs too! With Twist Hubs, you can easily and securely mount these foam tires to your robot. (NOTE: Even the largest size of our wheels are cheaper than the Lite Flites or Lectra Lites and don’t require any modification…)
– 5/64″ hex wrench
– Foam wheels (FingerTech Snap Wheels, Lite Flites or 0.50″ Lectra Lites). Note that ItGresa Robotics does not sell Lite Flites or Lectra Lites, but they are available from Amazon by clicking the link.
Found in our Viper Kit as the means to connect drive to the wheels.
- Anodized 6061 aluminum for high strength and low weight.
- The foam tire is held tightly by a custom locking washer, which must be pressed in and turned 90 degrees to release.
- The hex flange will allow you to keep driving even if the locking washer is destroyed.
- The hub is secured to the motor shaft by a strong 8-32 setscrew.
- Available with 3mm shaft bore (Silver Sparks/antweights) 4mm bore (typically beetleweights/22mm motors), and 6mm (generally beetleweight MegaSpark motors). Can be drilled out as big as 6.35mm (0.25in).
- The wide size (0.75in wide) weighs 7g each. (Remember that you will be removing the 3g plastic hubs from Lite Flites and Lectra Lites first as you try to make the weight restrictions for your weight class.)
Check out Fingertech’s Twist Hub installation video:
or see the link here: