Viper Kit – Radio and Charger
Combat Robotics is a great sport for kids or grown-ups. If you’re a parent, interested in getting your children involved in STEM, nothing could be better than Combat Robotics as a start. If you find your children watching BattleBots on TV, they’ll love learning to build and fight their very own combat robot.
The Viper Combat Robot Kit with Radio Controller and charger comes with everything you need to start from scratch! A great combat bot kit, A transmitter/receiver set, a Lipo battery, and a charger for that battery.
List of worldwide Robot Combat Events. In the Atlanta Area, combat robotics events occur under the auspices of Robot Battles twice a year, once at MomoCon (Memorial Day weekend) and once at DragonCon (Labor Day Weekend). ItGresa fields teams at both conventions every year, and we are always looking to add fighters to our teams.
The Fingertech Viper Combat Robot Kit with Controller and Charger is a bot kit that allows you to get started in combat robotics. The bundled kit comes with a lipoly battery charger, 300 mAh 2S battery, and transmitter/receiver combo. In short, all of the basics that you will need.
The bundled Viper kit includes:
- A custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis, which has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- T6A Radio Transmitter and a TR6A receiver (Note: Transmitter requires 8 AA batteries.)
- Two FingerTech “Silver Spark” 22.2:1 ratio gearmotors with 2.25″ Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech “tinyESC” speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor that protects the bot and keeps the components safe.
- lipoly battery charger
- lipoly 300mAh 2S lithium polymer battery
The Viper Combat Robotics kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its’ base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving:
• 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class
• 1049g (37.0oz) if entering the Beetleweight (3lb) weight class. (The Viper is mainly run in the Antweight 1lb class)
1 in stock (can be backordered)
ItGresa Robotics: Viper Combat Robot Kit, radio, charger. Viper Full Bundle.
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 313grams (11.04oz)
This Viper Combat Robot Kit with Radio Controller and charger includes the T6A radio transmitter and the TR6A Radio Receiver as well as a C6D Mini 60W 6A AC Battery Charger/Balancer for charging your Lipoly batteries safely, quickly, and effectively. The Viper Full Bundle Kit gives you everything you need to field an operating combat robot without additional equipment.
Note that the Antweight weight limit is 1 lb, 16oz. The Viper Combat bot kit allows almost 5 additional ounces for weapons and armor to be added.
Viper Full Bundle Combat Robotics Kit Includes:
|Chassis:||15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.|
|Motors:||2x 22.2:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors|
|Motor Controllers:||2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.|
|Wheels:||2x 2.25×0.75″ Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won’t destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75″ Snap Hubs.|
|Battery:||Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh “Galaxy” lipoly pack, as well as a C6D Mini 60W 6A AC Battery Charger/Balancer to keep your battery in perfect charge.|
|Power Switch:||A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.
Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery.
|Radio:||T6A Radio Transmitter, TR6A receiver (Note: Transmitter requires 8 AA batteries.)|
|Armor:||3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate|
|Screws:||Four 2-56×0.125″ screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32×0.25″ screws for fastening armor.
0.05″ and 5/64″ hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
|Instructions:||Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot will also be provided for reference and maintenance.|
If you would like to choose your options, including weapons, please see our Design-Your-Own Bot!
Events for fighting your bot:
- List of worldwide Robot Combat Events.
- In the Atlanta Area, combat robotics events occur under the auspices of Robot Battles twice a year, once at MomoCon (Memorial Day weekend) and once at DragonCon (Labor Day Weekend).
- ItGresa fields teams at both conventions every year, and we are always looking to add fighters to our teams.