Design your own Viper Kit
The Fingertech Viper Combat Robotics Kit comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
- The custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- Polycarbonate combat armor keeps the components safe.
- Two FingerTech “Silver Spark” 22.2:1 ratio gearmotors
- Two 2.25″ 0.75″ Snap Wheels provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two 0.75″ Twist hubs with fins provide a positive connection from motor to wheel.
- Two FingerTech “tinyESC” speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector. Plug has male JST end for easily recharging a lipoly battery. You plug the charger directly into the charge jack– no need to remove the battery. When the charge jack is plugged into the connector, it stops all power to the bot, making a very easy “off” switch. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RECHARGE 9V BATTERIES IF YOU USE THE 9V ADAPTER!
- Standard dual 9V connector is included, even if the bot is ordered with the liPoly option
Viper Combat Robotics Kit Options:
- Radio: Optional 6-Channel radio transmitter and receiver pair leaves four channels free to add any active devices you desire.
- Charger: Add a 60W 6A Mini battery charger. This is a highly portable charger that can also discharge and balance Li-xx, Ni-xx, and Lead Acid batteries. a 300mAh 3S battery is included if you select the charger option.
- Battery: Include a lipoly battery to the base viper kit (the base kit is provided with a 9V battery connector).
- The Whole Enchilada: A bundle that includes the Transmitter, Receiver, Charger, and a lithium polymer battery
- Motor Gearing: You can substitute 33.3:1 Silver Spark motors for 22.2:1. The 22’s are faster than the 33’s, but have slightly less torque. Fingertech ships 33’s and 22’s in their kits, depending upon their supply.
The Viper Combat Robotics kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving:
- 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class
- 1049g (37.0oz) if entering the Beetleweight (3lb) weight class. We know that some people run their Vipers as beetleweights, but we recommend that they be used as antweights. We believe they are outclassed by today’s beetles. The Viper is most commonly run in the Antweight 1lb class
The Viper’s base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if you are entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class. The Viper is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded.
- Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
- Length: 14cm (5.5in)
- Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
- Weight: 313grams (11.04oz)
Viper Combat Robotics Kit Includes:
|Chassis:||(1) 15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.|
|Motors:||(2) 22.2:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors|
|Motor Controllers:||(2) tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.|
|Wheels:||(2) 2.25×0.75″ Snap Wheels|
|Hubs:||(2) 3mm x 0.75″ Twist Hubs.|
|Power Switch:||(1) Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn the bot on.|
|Connectors:||(2) Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.|
|Armor:||(1 ea.) 3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate|
|Screws:||(1) Screw kit includes four 2-56×0.125″ screws for mounting the motors, ten 6-32×0.25″ screws for fastening armor. One 0.05″ hex wrench and one 5/64″ hex wrench for tightening screws and setscrews.|
|Instructions:||(1) Detailed instruction set with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot.|
Viper Combat Robotics Kit Options:
|Radio:||6-Channel radio transmitter and receiver|
|Charger:||Add a 60W 6A Mini battery charger, suitable for discharging and balancing Li-xx, Ni-xx, and Lead Acid batteries. A 300mAh 3S lipoly battery is included.|
|Battery:||Add a lipoly battery to the base viper kit (the base kit is provided with a 9V battery connector).|
|The Whole Enchilada:||A bundle that includes the Transmitter, Receiver, Charger, and a lithium polymer battery|