Viper Kit – battery and charger
Combat Robotics is a great sport for kids or grown-ups. If you’re a parent, interested in getting your children involved in STEM, nothing could be better than Combat Robotics as a start. If you find your children watching BattleBots on TV, they’ll love learning to build and fight their very own combat robot. The Viper Combat Robot and Charger is the kit for you if you already have your own transmitter and receiver!
The Fingertech Viper Combat Robotics Kit is the base bot kit that allows you to get started in combat robotics. The base kit assumes that you already have a receiver and transmitter from another radio-controlled device.
The base Viper kit includes:
- A custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis, which has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- Two FingerTech “Silver Spark” 22.2:1 ratio gearmotors with 2.25″ Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech “tinyESC” speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor that protects the bot and keeps the components safe.
The Viper Combat Robotics kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its’ base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving:
• 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class
• 1049g (37.0oz) if entering the Beetleweight (3lb) weight class. (The Viper is mainly run in the Antweight 1lb class). We generally don’t recommend Vipers be run as beetleweights.
2 in stock (can be backordered)
ItGresa Robotics: Viper Combat Robot and Charger.
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 313grams (11.04oz)
Note that the Antweight weight limit is 1 lb, 16oz.
Combat Robotics Kit Includes:
|Chassis:||15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.|
|Motors:||2x 22.2:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors|
|Motor Controllers:||2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.|
|Wheels:||2x 2.25×0.75″ Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won’t destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75″ Snap Hubs.|
|Battery:||Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh “Galaxy” lipoly pack, with our C6D Lipoly mini charger.|
|Power Switch:||A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.
Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery.
|Armor:||3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate|
|Screws:||Four 2-56×0.125″ screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32×0.25″ screws for fastening armor.
0.05″ and 5/64″ hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
|Instructions:||Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot will also be provided for reference and maintenance.|
KIT DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSMITTER OR RECEIVER. THESE ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE THE BOT RUN. IF YOU DON’T ALREADY HAVE THESE ITEMS, CHOOSE ONE OF OUR BUNDLES.
- Viper kit with Transmitter and Receiver
- Bot kit with battery charger
- Combat Bot Kit with Transmitter, Receiver, and Battery Charger
- Design-you-own Bot
- Full weaponized horizontal spinner kit.
Events for fighting your bot:
- List of worldwide Robot Combat Events.
- In the Atlanta Area, combat robotics events occur under the auspices of Robot Battles twice a year, once at MomoCon (Memorial Day weekend) and once at DragonCon (Labor Day Weekend).
- ItGresa fields teams at both conventions every year, and we are always looking to add fighters to our teams.