Viper Kit – Weaponized Horiontal Spinner Full
Combat Robotics is a great sport for kids or grown-ups. If you’re a parent, interested in getting your children involved in STEM, nothing could be better than Combat Robotics as a start. If you find your children watching BattleBots on TV, they’ll love learning to build and fight their very own combat robot.
List of worldwide Robot Combat Events. In the Atlanta Area, combat robotics events occur under the auspices of Robot Battles twice a year, once at MomoCon (Memorial Day weekend) and once at DragonCon (Labor Day Weekend). ItGresa fields teams at both conventions every year, and we are always looking to add fighters to our teams.
The Fingertech Viper Combat Robot Kit with Controller and Charger is the base bot kit that allows you to get started in combat robotics. The base kit assumes that you already have a lipoly battery charger. Lipoly batteries require a specific charging device.
- Bot Kit with Transmitter, Receiver, and Battery Charger
- Design-you-own Bot
The base Viper kit includes:
- A custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis, which has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- T6A Radio Transmitter and a TR6A receiver (Note: Transmitter requires 8 AA batteries.)
- Two FingerTech “Silver Spark” 33.3:1 ratio gearmotors with 2.25″ Snap Wheels and Snap Hubs provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech “tinyESC” speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor that protects the bot and keeps the components safe.
The Viper Combat Robotics kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its’ base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving:
• 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class
• 1049g (37.0oz) if entering the Beetleweight (3lb) weight class. (The Viper is mainly run in the Antweight 1lb class)
2 in stock (can be backordered)
ItGresa Robotics: Horizontal Weaponized Viper Kit Full. Viper Full Bundle Horizontal Weaponized.
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 387grams (13.7oz)
This Weaponized Viper Combat Robot Kit with Horizontal Spinner comes with a full bundle of everything you need, including a Radio Controller, with the T6A radio transmitter and the TR6A Radio Receiver as well as a C6D Mini 60W 6A AC Battery Charger/Balancer for charging your Lipoly batteries safely, quickly, and effectively. In addition, the kit comes with a full weapons system, titanium blade, and modified polycarbonate armor. Since it is a Full Bundle Kit, you have everything you need to field an operating combat robot without additional equipment. The fact that the Viper has a weaponized package included means that the robot is supplied with a horizontal spinner motor, controller, blade hub, and vicious titanium blade.
Note that the Antweight weight limit is 1 lb, 16oz. The Weaponized Viper Combat bot kit allows only two additional ounces for anythingto be added.
Our Horizontal Spinner Weaponized Viper Kit Includes:
|Chassis:||15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.|
|Motors:||2x 33.3:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors|
|Motor Controllers:||2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.|
|Wheels:||2x 2.25×0.75″ Snap Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won’t destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75″ Snap Hubs.|
|Battery:||Rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh “Galaxy” lipoly pack, as well as a C6D Mini 60W 6A AC Battery Charger/Balancer to keep your battery in perfect charge.|
|Power Switch:||A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.
Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery.
|Radio:||T6A Radio Transmitter, TR6A receiver (Note: Transmitter requires 8 AA batteries.)|
|Armor:||3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate|
|Screws:||Four 2-56×0.125″ screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32×0.25″ screws for fastening armor.
0.05″ and 5/64″ hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
|Instructions:||Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot will also be provided for reference and maintenance.|
|Weapon:||The complete weapon system includes a horizontal spinner weapons kit, with the following components: a D2822/17 1100KV Brushless Motor + screws, a 20A Brushless Speed Controller, a blade hub that holds any blade <=4mm thick with bore of 10mm, 16mm (5/8in), or 20mm, a wicked titanium blade, modified armor for weapon installation, and detailed instructions for installing the weapons system.|
If you would like to choose your options, including different types of weapons, please see our Design-Your-Own Bot!
Events for fighting your bot:
- List of worldwide Robot Combat Events.
- In the Atlanta Area, combat robotics events occur under the auspices of Robot Battles twice a year, once at MomoCon (Memorial Day weekend) and once at DragonCon (Labor Day Weekend).
- ItGresa fields teams at both conventions every year, and we are always looking to add fighters to our teams.