YOUR DIGITAL SOURCE FOR COMBAT ROBOTICS
T6A TRANSMITTER INSTRUCTIONS.
VIPER BACKGROUND INFORMATION
T6A Transmitter Instructions: Binding your transmitter.If you’ve purchased your kit with a radio bundle, your transmitter already comes prebound. If you have your own T6A already, binding your bot to that transmitter is a critical step to get the bot to run. The 2.4GHz radio set included with your kit does not use crystals to pair the Receiver to the Transmitter like older radios. Instead, they are “bound” together by programming.
- To bind, start with everything turned OFF. Insert the included “bind plug” into the battery port of the Receiver. See the picture of the bind plug; it is included in the bag with the TR6A-V2 receiver. The battery port is the top-most port labeled “BAT.”
T6A transmitter Bind Plug
- Power ON the bot. On the Viper, you do this by removing the charging cable from the switch/charge jack. A dim red LED inside the Receiver will start flashing.
- Hold down the BIND button on the Transmitter
- Turn the Transmitter ON and wait for the red LED inside the Receiver to go from flashing to solid on.
- Remove the bind plug.
- Turn the robot OFF by plugging in the charging cable, then turn the Transmitter OFF using the on-off switch. (Always follow this order for safety.) Your robot’s receiver should be bound.
T6A Transmitter Instructions: Using your transmitter’s trim controls.
- Trims are levers next to and below the control sticks on the transmitter.
- Trim levers are used for fine adjustments on the motor controls
- If the wheels are spinning with the stick in center (neutral) position, adjust the trim levers slightly until the motors stop
SEE THE NEXT ARTICLE:
TROUBLESHOOTING THE VIPER.
© 2021 Fingertech Robotics, Inc.
Modifications © 2021 ItGresa Robotics, ItGresa Consulting Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.