YOUR DIGITAL SOURCE FOR COMBAT ROBOTICS
VIPER MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY.
ASSEMBLING YOUR VIPER: STEP 4.
Assembly Steps – Mounting the Motors:
- Slide the left motor into the left motor mount hole (red dot → blue wire)
- Slide the right motor into the right motor mount hole. Make sure you have the right motor on the right side (red dot → purple wire).
- Tighten the motors into place with four 2-56×1/8” screws using the 0.050” (smaller) hex wrench.
- Have the motor wires angle towards the front of the robot.
- Remember your orientation!
Assembly Steps – Mounting the Power Jack:
- A key part of the Viper Mechanical Assembly is to securely mount the power jack to make it easy to charge the battery and to shut off power to the bot. Do this by tightening the power jack onto the baseplate using its finger-nut.
Assembly Steps – Mounting the Hubs and Wheels:
- Slide the Twist Hubs onto the motor shafts and tighten the setscrew in each onto the flat of the motor shaft using the 5/64” (larger) hex wrench.
- Push the Foam Wheels over the Twist Hubs, then the hub’s lock washer.
- Push the lock washer onto the hub and give it a slight twist to hold it. Using the Twist Hub Key, turn the lock washer until it clicks into place. (Installation video here.)
TIP: if you mount the twist hubs too close to the chassis, the wheels will rub and the bot may turn in a circle. Make sure you offset the hub by around 1/8″ to 1/4″ from the chassis. Make certain that your mechanical assembly allows the wheels to easily turn.
Assembly Steps – Secure the Receiver and Antenna:
- Secure your receiver in a convenient position inside the chassis.
READY FOR THE NEXT STEP:
VIPER BATTERY CONNECTIONS.https://itgresa.com/viper-battery-connections/
© 2021 Fingertech Robotics, Inc.
Modifications © 2021 ItGresa Robotics, ItGresa Consulting Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.